Arcadia Knitting

Welcome to the blog of Arcadia Knitting, Chicago's largest yarn store! Owned by sisters Kathy and Sharon Kelly, Arcadia has been serving the Chicago knitting and crocheting community for over six years. Keep up with shop news and read more about our ongoing adventures in yarn...

Monday, September 11, 2006

I LOVE ULTRA ALPACA FROM BERROCO!

I'm working on a Nora Gaughan sweater from the Fall Interweave Knits: Supernova Pullover, page 88. I'm using the Ultra Alpaca and one ball lasted for 11 inches before it was time to join a new ball. 11 inches by 20 inches wide!! Wohoo.

The Ultra Alpaca is also very soft and springy. It has a great feel. The colors are great: we have mostly the heathers in the shop. So far I have re-ordered this yarn twice. People love it.

What else am I working on right now?

Socks from another Interweave Knits pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks, Winter 2006, page 96. I'm using the Soxie from Great Adirondack. Lovely yarn and the coloring is great: reds, navy, toast, and some purple. It's just a great colorway for fall socks. I'm experimenting and knitting with 2 circular needles. One needle is an Addi, the other is Crystal Palace. The yarn does not go over the Crystal Palace join as well as the Addi. The Addi is a little slippery. Neither needle is perfect but they are both doing the job.

A vest of Suri Brushed Alpaca & Alpaca & Silk from Blue Sky Alpacas. Very close to being done. I just have to get the shoulders done when I have a long block of quiet time.

I have pulled the yarn for a jacket from the S. Charles Fall 2006 booklet. It will be a crocheted jacket out of Trina from Adrienne Vittadini. They show the jacket in high contrasting yarns. I'm going to go tone on tone and do reds, purples, pinks, and oranges. I can't start it until I finish the vest.

Kathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home