Arcadia Knitting

Welcome to the blog of Arcadia Knitting, Chicago's largest yarn store! Owned by sisters Kathy and Sharon Kelly, Arcadia has been serving the Chicago knitting and crocheting community for over six years. Keep up with shop news and read more about our ongoing adventures in yarn...

Monday, January 14, 2008

Hi -

I came down with a severe case of Sockitus. This is how the illness works.
I see a new sock yarn and
fall in love. I put the hank of yarn on the table
and stare at it
waiting for it to speak to me. I search madly for the perfect pattern.
Once I have found the pattern, I knit feverishly for days.

Once I have finished the first sock, I cast on the second sock and begin
the ribbing.
But then it happens - a new sock pattern comes in and I fall
in love with it
and I have to find the perfect yarn for the pattern.

When I have found the perfect yarn, I knit feverishly for days.
Once I
have finished the first sock, I cast on the second sock and begin the ribbing.
And then a new yarn comes in ....


So I have one entrelac knee high in rainbow colors,
one and a half cable
and seed stitch socks in Jitterbug,
and one and a half brown socks
from Christmas two years ago.
Maybe there should be club for those of us with "Sock Incompetes".

In other news, I got a yoga DVD from Netflix.
Get in the pose and breath
for five breaths.
I tried to do it at regular speed but got bored.

I hit scan forward and that speed seemed ideal to me.

Is there something about yoga I am missing?

If I can get myself to do yoga at regular speed,
will I have the self
control to make the second sock?
Are these two phenomena related?
hmm.

We have a lot of great sock yarn, needles, patterns,
and books in stock.
Come in and check them out.


Kathy

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home