Arcadia Knitting

Welcome to the blog of Arcadia Knitting, Chicago's largest yarn store! Owned by sisters Kathy and Sharon Kelly, Arcadia has been serving the Chicago knitting and crocheting community for over six years. Keep up with shop news and read more about our ongoing adventures in yarn...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I am working on now

People are always interested in what the knit shop ladies are knitting.

Here is what I am working on:

Baby Surprise Jacket in Regia 6 fadig, a dk weight multi. The color is great in the Baby Surprise.

Crocheted shawl out of Jitterbug by Colinette. I am using 5 different colors of the Jitterbug, another sock yarn that shall not be named, and some Lurex for fun. I am using a very simple pattern and trading off colors frequently. It is gorgeous and rich looking. I hope to have it finished to wear to an upcoming bat mitzvah.

What is on the needles but I kind of abandoned:

A summer sweater in Bali by Tahki. Bali is great bamboo tape. I love the grey color I chose but somehow I lost steam. I may frog and move on to a vest.

A Arianne by Bonne Marie of Chic Knits in RYC Cashsoft Aran. I have joined for the sleeves and my stitch count is off and I should just go back to where I joined but...

A Kaffe Fasset pattern pillow that I need to sew up and another that would be done in a few hours if I just sat down and did it.

Granny Square coasters. I make two granny squares and then put an old 3 inch floppy between them & join them with a slip stitch and voila! re-cycled kitschy coaster!

Kathy


P.S. I had to go into Sharon's apartment to look for something. She has a lot of yarn up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home