Arcadia Knitting

Welcome to the blog of Arcadia Knitting, Chicago's largest yarn store! Owned by sisters Kathy and Sharon Kelly, Arcadia has been serving the Chicago knitting and crocheting community for over six years. Keep up with shop news and read more about our ongoing adventures in yarn...

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Yak Yarn - Knit, Worn, Tested and Approved

We have pure yak down yarn. It is extremely soft. I knit a pair of mittens and hat for myself. The yarn was a dream to knit with. Very soft and bouncey. By bouncey I mean it had some squishiness, some give to it. It was just a joy to knit with. I may make a sweater, hmm. Slippers for the house would be very nice, too.

Wearing the yak is lovely, too. No scratchiness. My hands are warm and not clammy. It blocks the wind. Rain, snow and sleet don't penetrate the fabric. I cleaned the snow off the car this morning and the snow just evaporated.

The only downside of the mittens is that people can't see you flip them off when you are driving. And I mean you lady - when I pull over for the ambulance that is not your opportunity to swing past me and keep on going - see, you almost hit the ambulance head on - yeah you, ma'am.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

Mittens might keep you out of trouble that way too!

12/07/2008 4:26 AM  
Blogger I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

To steal a line from Jerry McGuire... You had me at "yak". Or something like that.

I've been wanting to drive up to see your store...yak yarn is worth a trip!

12/09/2008 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home