Arcadia Knitting

Welcome to the blog of Arcadia Knitting, Chicago's largest yarn store! Owned by sisters Kathy and Sharon Kelly, Arcadia has been serving the Chicago knitting and crocheting community for over six years. Keep up with shop news and read more about our ongoing adventures in yarn...

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finishing Up & Moving On

I got ahead of myself and started too many projects so now I have to buckle down and finish things. I am finally sewing together a green cardigan that I started over a year ago. I got stuck, put it away and just didn't pick it up until a few weeks ago. I would have been done much sooner if: I had had an equal number of stitches in the sleeves, if I hadn't forgotten a buttonhole, if I hadn't been inconsistent in integrating the pattern into the raglan decreases, if I hadn't realized there wasn't enough yarn and I had to rip back and decrease faster in order to have enough yarn to finish. Now I have one sleeve to sew up and I have to pick some buttons. I may have to go back and do the collar again.

You know what else? It's too long for me. I finished another sweater a few weeks ago that looked horrible on me...but looked great on Sharon. How much do you want to bet this one will look good on her, too.

But I still enjoyed myself. I still have an endless stream of things I want to do.

Kathy

1 Comments:

Blogger Tita CarrĂ© said...

Hi, i love your blog,visits my blog go http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com
bye

9/17/2008 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home